Friday, December 07, 2007

I sat in a cab this morning to Tiong Bahru plaza to see the Eu Yan san doc, and this conversation w the cabbie knocked some more sense into me , plus after i had a talk w hubs the other day, i think i ought to be happier. Uncle was complaining about the increase in fare and the rental that parallelled it. He has 2 kids and wifey is not working, he says that after deducting rental and oil, he prolly could only earn 3 k if lucky. Somemore got inflation of 5 %. Wah Lau.....That set me thinking....boy ....i am quite lucky. Alot of times i take things for granted.I might not be rich but at least i am in a better position than alot of other pple, yet i am broody, grouchy ( yeah lack of sleep....but i prolly should get over it).Just the other day, i asked him to give me 5 good reasons why i should be happy.

He said, i should be thankful that Dylan is a healthy chap, although a handful. That sat me thinking about the other time at NUH when i saw a yellow baby, suffering form Jaundice at 6 mths cause of probs w liver.

He said that i should be thankful that after birth, i still look quite good. i raised an eyebrow when i heard '" quite "... How come not "very good " eh? .....

He said that i should be thankful that i have a choice of whether i want to work, and that i can choose not to work my whole freaking life.

He said i should be glad that i have a hubby that does not entertain at all although he has plenty of chances to.He would rather go home and sleep than club.


I cant remember the 5 th one but i think the 4 are very good already.Hubs promised to be more caring, was complaining that he always ask," how is Dylan."....No , he never ask, "How are you my dear?"..... Mothering has been taken for granted for me, i bet alot of other homemakers too.....sometimes we just need a warm word or two to make our days..


Anyway, shall not digress from the topic, i am actually taking alot of things for granted and some of my perspective are skewed... like he reminded me the maid is to take care of Dylan, she would not be the one who would teach and educate him cause that is my job and i think i should stop harping that she is not good enough.Now I remind myself constantly to relax and let go abit . Of course i am still particular on how she handle Dylan , especially Hygiene. Even though i stay home , i get quite tired and need ME TIME, so a good maid is very important.


Now i just want to enjoy watching Dylan grow and proudly tell him in future that mama gave up her job to look after him.There will be one day when I look at him and realise he is cute in a baby sense anymore and so i better cherish i have got right now.

1 comment:

Grace said...

ya, elaine, we should both cherish what we have now. our problems and troubles are nothing compared to those unfortunate one ... but hor ... i was also complaining that hubby always ask, "how's chloe?" ... hehehe ... typical women ... =p